Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Accepting the Invite

The BIG blue packet arrived today!! I heard the UPS truck from blocks away and ran outside when the UPS guy was walking up the walkway - he laughed and said "Congratulations!"


This is what we wait for since the moment we hit "submit" on the initial application! After hours of sifting through all the paperwork I found the "Accept or Decline your invite" paper. I immediatly wanted to run to the computer and write up the e-mail with the blurb they require you use to use for either option. Mid stride-jump-thing that i was doing all afternoon, I felt like I should make sure to do everything as instucted (read the Welcome Book, Read you assignment thoroughly, read Safety and Security Packet, and re-read Peace Corps' Core Expectations) - this does effect the next 2+ years of my life!

So I read all I could about my placement and nothing had changed. I still want to go as much as I had prior to this - partially because I had done so much reading about the DR the past couple of days and had made my way to find the online copy of the Welcome Book (via Peace Corps Wiki!).

                          So here I am - an official Peace Corps Invitee. Ready to pack up and go!




No comments:

Post a Comment