Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Let it be - jump with two feet in

The checklist is getting longer & longer the closer I get to August 21st. I am thinking of last minute things I may have to do, adding some to the list, procrastinating on most, and stressing over all. Most items are out of my control which is driving me a little crazy because all I want to do is cross things off. You may be thinking, why are you only putting "some" of the things on your to-do list? Well, if I put them all on there I know I will get stressed about having to accomplish them all way to soon. By keeping some off the list, I can add them as my list slowly disappears. I don't know, I am a visual person, this is what works!

         Staying too on-top of things has never prooven to let people me live with spontaneity and passion.

        My vagabondish-wanderlusty-adventurous self has been built on a series of spontaneous decision making. Many of which I can't capture on camera considering the very nature of spontaneity, but here are a few I could catch!



This is me - you will usually find me near water, adventuring, ready for  anything - this is how it begins...


Do something that scares you. And do it again!

Sometimes you just gotta jump in with both feet

Do whatever you can to reach where you want to be.


As far as things I have done!
- I finally booked my flight to D.C. We weren't able to until we got information about where and when to be there by, which was last Wednesday. Although it was a huge relief, it was also the first time the reality of this adventure shined its pearly whites...
- I committed to a buying some fun, chunky, cheap jewelry. This was definitely a primary procrastination point. I was unsure of what to buy or take. For those of you who don't know me, I am obsessed with fun earrings, bracelets and rings! So I took myself to Forever 21 and got some fun stuff!
- Decided which two luggage pieces I will be taking. a 65 Liter Backpack and a medium sized rolling duffle.
- Made a final packing list and purchased/decided/put together almost all the clothes, gear and electronics I am taking.

I have grown rather fond of the constant need to do something for Peace Corps - whether it was waiting to get finger-printed in month 1 of application, to sitting in countless waiting rooms for shots and vaccines for medical clearance, followed by anxiously waiting for the placement office. Now, everything I must do is towards knowing that I am finally leaving. However, now I am waiting for insurance companies to send me a statement, an IRA fund to give me account number, the date to come when I can finally start insuring the personal property I will be taking with me, and waiting for the heat to die down so that I can actually begin packing. I know, I know...."get used to it Laura"!  -  I'm trying!!

I can't imagine not having to run through lists in my mind, constantly feeling like I have forgotten about something, explaining why my packing list has what it has on it multiple times/week and various other daily rants and complicated trains of thought that run in my head!

I do know that I plan to be fully in the moment for every step of the way starting with boarding the plane at Boston Logan Airport at 8:30 A.M. on August 21st. Knowing me, I will probably leave thinking I forgot about some super-duper important document. However, as I will say and repeat again, being too on top of things doesn't allow for a life full of spontaneous moments and filled with passion for whatever you are doing in the moment. So I will do what I can before I leave and let life take over the rest. C'est la vie!
Don't worry about doing it with class. As long as you take a chance, you will be happy.

  If you have been reading this and have not yet noticed my re-vamped page your not observant.                                                                                                         
                                                           PAY MORE ATTENTION!


  I was inspired by a gorgeous picture I found of a hidden treasure in the DR and absolutely had to share. I also realized that I don't feel I have shared the passion I have for this kind of work. From that came 3 simple words that I try to live by every day - hence the new blog title!



Happy Reading!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment