Friday, July 27, 2012

As one door closes, another one opens...



For the last month or two my life has been a balancing act of sorts. Between wrapping things up at my job, preparing and packing for the DR and helping my sister pack to move out, my life has been one juggle after another.


Today was the last day at my job. This is a job I really love and am so grateful to have had – I learned so much about myself and a ton about something I may want to pursue. What I will never forget will be the incredible friendships I made throughout the past year. I had the opportunity to work with some amazing individuals; funny, kind, thought provoking and incredibly supportive. As you can imagine this made my leaving much more difficult than I had anticipated when I began. I was also very lucky to have had an incredible boss who knew exactly how to balance the supportive nature of a supervisor and the eloquent delivery of constructive criticism. It has truly been an honor to work with such amazing people and I will forever be thankful!
As this chapter comes to a close, so does another; a major 15 year-long chapter. Tonight is the last night I will be sleeping in my own bed and have all my furniture in my room. Tomorrow I leave for a 10 day trip to Maine and in the meantime my sister will be taking my bed, my dresser and an ikea bookshelf to her new apartment. After packing up the last of my books on the bookshelf, organizing the clothes I will need for the next 2-3 weeks and making my bed one last time I caught myself with a little smile. It hit me that this is all really happening.
 You might be asking yourself, “geeze  laura, this whole process you have been saying  ‘this is really happening’ what gives?”  Well, the answer is simple – my job has come to a close and most of my things are packed. Instead of splitting my day in half where during the day I was excited about my job here and at night I was excited about Peace Corps I can now move forward and focus completely on something I have been working on for years – Peace Corps.

Now I am off to the woods for 10 days to return and pack for the adventure of a lifetime!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment